Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please I need help it is easy " I think "

Status
Not open for further replies.

aziz641

Hey there :)

I need a small circuit for a momentary button I have in my car.

the idea is I have one wire I need to cut to turn off something then I need to turn it on again but the problem that the switch that I have to use as I said is momentary and I need it to work as a normal ON\OFF switch with out doing any thing to the momentary button

so when you push momentary button the circuit cut off the power from this wire and if you push momentary button again it well connect :D

thanks

Try the Bistable Flip-Flop circuit at the link below. There are other, similar circuits at that link.

**broken link removed**

You might try this. How much current does the "something" draw?

Ken

Attachments

• PushOnPushOffRelay.gif
    PushOnPushOffRelay.gif
    5 KB · Views: 146
KMoffet, once you push the button switch, the relay latches and stays that way. There would have to be another switch or relay contact in-line with the coil to kill the relay. Or did I miss something? The OP needs a circuit that does ON/OFF from the same switch, like a flip-flop controlling a transistor, right?

Later!
kenjj

Yup! You missed something. ;)

Once the relay is latched ON, C1 discharges through R1. The next time you press the switch you place the discharged capacitor (essentially a short) across the coil, and these in series with R2. That "voltage divider" drops the entire 12v across R2. With no voltage across the coil, the relay contacts open, and you're back to "OFF"

Almost forgot..credit where credit is due: **broken link removed**

Ken

Last edited:
Even easier, they make "push on, push off" pushbuttons. Would one of those work?

Thank you all so much for the help you are great

*Even easier, they make "push on, push off" pushbuttons. Would one of those work? *

I dont think so because the one I am talking about is made as bush buttun to send a signal to the car computer that it is on and you bush it again to do the off . and I cannot go for any other because I have it and it cost me 30 us$

so I have to use it ( and the name of the function is written on it )

ok now for some idea of what I am doing

this the photo of the wire I want to cut

**broken link removed**

and rewire to the push button

as you can see Iam very bad with wires :eek: I am using this clip to ground this wire but it is not working too I have to cut and do the mod the way I told you about

I well try tomorrow the circuit and answer you back

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back