Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please i need help in my project

Status
Not open for further replies.
A perverted horrid technology if trying to send broadband data via overhead power lines.
Dont do it!

JimB

Nigel Goodwin said:
You'd be a radio amateur then Jim? :D

It takes one to know one Nigel!

Really p****s me off all these projects which seek to s**t all over the radio spectrum with no thought for the legitimate users.

JimB

it's a project people ? if he want's to use it every day, then i've said nothing xD

Last edited:
Good thing your not a radio enthusaist in India huh :D :D :D :p

i dont know much about it other than it has to do with just using a different frequency to transmit data over a power line, then filtering out the 60hz power at your usage point to leave you with your data signal. that was my basic understanding of it, but i very well could be wrong...

i dont know much about it other than it has to do with just using a different frequency to transmit data over a power line
It's not 50/60 Hz, but the frequency isn't unused.

The part that attracts attention is that BPL (broadband over powerlines) uses frequencies that are already in use by the rest of us. Since anything placed on the power lines will radiate, this is a guaranteed source of interference.

For starters, do a google search of "carrier current".

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back