Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXTech

Hi all! I have this Motorola IC I need to get, but haven't been able to find it's complete part number or a datasheet on it anywhere.

It's marked 'HC237A'
Dimensions: ~12.80mm x ~7.50mm
Package: SOP20(SOIC20)

I've only been able to find SOP16/SOIC16 versions. Nothing what-so-ever with 20pins... :(

Anybody have any ideas?

Hi all! I have this Motorola IC I need to get, but haven't been able to find it's complete part number or a datasheet on it anywhere.

It's marked 'HC237A'

Are those the only markings on the IC?

Can you post a clear pic of the IC and the PCB it is mounted on, with as many supporting components clearly visible as possible, as well as a description/part # of the equipment the PCB is installed in?

Are there any manufacturer's numbers on the PCB silkscreen, which may may help narrow things down?

We're getting a good camera in today (have another part I have to take a pic of, go figure) so I should be able to post one today or tomorrow.
But, I can tell you now that, along with the 'HC237A', there's the Motorola logo to the side, and then underneath is 'XAA9724'
Nothing is written on the board itself, and it's an M5316 phone.

I'm not sure about this but arn't you just looking for a CMOS IC.

74HC237A

Hope this helps, apologies if i'm wrong. :)

You'd think that'd be it :) lol. I've tried 74HC237A, MC74HC237A, HC237A, HC237, 74HC237D, MC74HC237D, and DR and AD and so on and so on. All are the 16pin ones, or 16DIP ones...
I'm waiting to hear back from Motorola too, so hopefully they can give me some helpful info..

Is that saying the Motorola prefix is 'DF'? That's alittle confusing. lol.
I tried searching 'DF74HC237' and 74HC237DF, etc. but nothin comes up...

I made a drawing of it, no camera in yet...
It's kind of fuzzy, and it made the one edge disappear, but this is basically how it looks.
Again, dimensions ~12.80mm x ~7.50mm, and ~10.00mm pin-pin.

Attachments

• HC237A.JPG
    HC237A.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 197
Nope cant figure this one out. Texas Instruments CD74HC237, ST M74HC237, National MM74HC237, Hitachi HD74HC237, Motorola MC74HC237 etc they all have 16 pins

Yeah, Motorola couldn't either. All they told me was they've stopped making these types of IC's so they can't figure out a part number for this obsolete one.. But, one of my suppliers May have found some apparently.. p/n MC74HC237AD, but they still gotta open them up and see what package it actually is. Pretty sure that's gonna be a 16pin one though; whenever I put it in the search engine it comes up as that. But we shall see I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back