Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help with RCA plug polarities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuey

What are the correct polarities of an audio RCA plug? I'm guessing the centre pin should be connected to positive while the outer contact is connected to negative. Would there be any adverse effect if I reverse the polarities of my RCA plugs?

The outer shell is generally grounded to the chassis..Not sure what you mean by pos and neg ..These plugs usually used on audio/video equipt..

Thanks for the clarifications. I'm trying to solder two female RCA plugs to my car radio audio output. I got confused when someone in an acoutics forum mentioned the centre prong or pin should be wired to negative instead of positive(signal) polarity of the audio output which I had in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back