Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help with BasicX24 and a serial 2x16LCD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ize

Hi guys (and dolls?)!

Got so well taken care of the other day that I'll try it again. Asking questions that is...

Well, this is it. I want to run a LCD with a BasicX-chip. Currently, it does run and do what I want it to do, except for one, crucial thing: the geometry.

The code I'm using id based upon code found in this PDF from NetMedia
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/02/ser2x16.pdf

The question is.. How do I change the default geometry of 4x20 to the 2x16 that I need? There is a function that should provide this functionality, but I don't understand how to get it right..
Set Geometry Ctrl-O
Defines the layout (or geometry of the LCD). This command needs to issued before any other commands if the LCD
is not a 20 character by 4 line LCD. You need to send 5 addition bytes after sending a ?Set Geometry? command.
Example:
15,20,0x80, 0xC0,0x94,0xD4Standard 20 column by 4 line display
15,16,0x80, 0xC0,0x94,0xD4Standard 16 column by 4 line display
15,16,0x80, 0xC0,0x80,0x80 Standard 16 column by 2 line display
If the display is less than 4 lines then you still need to send the line 1 starting address for the unused starting addresses.
See the appendix for the typical layout of various LCD modules.

I've tried several versions o fsyntax but nothing seems to work

Call PutQueueStr(Com3Out, Chr(Set_Geometry)&Chr(15, 16,0x80, 0xC0,0x80,0x80))

Call PutQueueStr(Com3Out, Chr(Set_Geometry, 15, 16,0x80, 0xC0,0x80,0x80))

Call PutQueueStr(Com3Out, Chr(Set_Geometry)
Call PutQueueStr(Com3Out, Chr(15, 16,0x80, 0xC0,0x80,0x80))

Neither of these work.... Thanx for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back