Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please, help with a schematic !

Status
Not open for further replies.

z24

hi everyone,

i came across a website that shows how to build an OBDII interface.
it uses a PIC16F84 microprocessor, so iam wondering if i want to build that circuit myself do i have to program the chip ??? the instruction arent very clear to me cuz i am not an expert in PICs and programming them so iam thinking i can just build the circuit without programming the PIC, correct me if iam wrong and show me the right way to do it .... your help is appreciated, here is the schematic and the instruction file

Attachments

• schem_182.gif
    schem_182.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 325
  • datasheet.pdf
    130.1 KB · Views: 288
z24 said:
hi everyone,

i came across a website that shows how to build an OBDII interface.
it uses a PIC16F84 microprocessor, so iam wondering if i want to build that circuit myself do i have to program the chip ??? the instruction arent very clear to me cuz i am not an expert in PICs and programming them so iam thinking i can just build the circuit without programming the PIC, correct me if iam wrong and show me the right way to do it .... your help is appreciated, here is the schematic and the instruction file

You will have to either program the chip, or buy it preprogrammed, a blank chip does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back