Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help us help this person...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

Hey. Ok, i am a member of another forum(www.aaroncake.net), and this person asked a question about a digtial wireless transmitter. Here is the link; **broken link removed**

If you have an account there, please help him. If not, you may tell me, and i will post the solution. Don't worry, i will give full credit to the person who gives the solution. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not have them register here and ask? They might get a response faster.
And they can search for wireless here. There have been many threads on it.

Having read the thread on the other board, if I understand it correctly:

1 The guy has to build some remote control device.
2 He has limited time to complete the task.
3 has limited knowledge.
4 He rejects the idea of using a remote control from an exixting toy/model on the grounds that such things are not obtainable where he is.
5 Because a built-up system is not available, he wants to build something from scratch.

If a made up system is not available, where does he think he can get the parts to build a system with his limited knowledge in the time available?

He wants to control a robot in a tunnel by radio.
He may be on to a loser here, radio does not propagate well in tunnels.
There is an effect called "waveguide below cut-off", whereby the tunnel will just become an attenuator and the radio signal will quickly disappear.

Best solutionin the circumstances, use an umbilical cable to control/power the robot.

JimB

JimB said:
Best solutionin the circumstances, use an umbilical cable to control/power the robot.

JimB

Which is one of the main reasons that type of system is used on sewer/pipe inspecting camera bots. That and it allows a messenger cable by which you can haul the bugger back when things go awry.

ok, i will just post a link to this page when i get time.

the guy who asked the question on the other forum

Yes, i don't like it eather, but it is our civil duty to help geek-kind.

Sounds like a another "omg I'm failing my course plz help" posts, I really can't be bothered with thouse :yawn:

Yes, that is the thing that pisses me off the most(please excuse my language). I dont understand why they are taking the course, if they can't handel the work. If they would just pay attention, or get notes from a friend who is willing to giveup their hard work. This world is defective. I wish we were still in the good ol' days where people had to know how a computer worked, inorder to use it. Or you have to know how radios worked, if you wanted to listen to BBC. People need to learn AND REMEMBER!

Marks256 said:
I wish we were still in the good ol' days where people had to know how a computer worked, inorder to use it.

I know how you feel, however I don't quite agree with you on this statement. Think about this the next time you ride on an airplane, drive a car, use a cellphone, ICs, or even your computer. Very people probably know exactly how a automativetransmission or differential works, or the transceiver circuits in a cellphone, or the silicon in an IC, or a jet turbine.

However, you may find that many people who don't know how things works have money and know how to use it. Them buying stuff drives down the price so that those of us who do know how something works can buy it and not have it cost as much (like computers, remember when they were $$$?)

My take on it is...if you have no idea how it works...don't try and build it! Feel free to buy it though, just don't stick your head or hands into it.

Last edited:
i think it would be better for everyone to just ignore post which they don't have intention of helping instead of complaining that they should have done this or that.

but that's just me

I know how you feel, however I don't quite agree with you on this statement. Think about this the next time you ride on an airplane, drive a car, use a cellphone, ICs, or even your computer. Very people probably know exactly how a automativetransmission or differential works, or the transceiver circuits in a cellphone, or the silicon in an IC, or a jet turbine.
I didn't mean all of that. I know what you are getting at though. I just ment that it makes me so mad when people refer to the computer system as "the hard drive", or the processer as the "Brain", etc. But point well taken. You are right, that would suck!

i think it would be better for everyone to just ignore post which they don't have intention of helping instead of complaining that they should have done this or that.

but that's just me

Yes, but most people here have nothing better to do! :)

Marks256 said:
Yes, i don't like it eather, but it is our civil duty to help geek-kind.
:confused: no it isn't. That guy is obviously too stubborn/lazy/inexperienced to ever be able to successfully build and debug such a circuit, so why would I bother wasting time trying to "help" him (read: doing his work for him)?

As I stated at the top, why does he not come post his problem? If that lazy, it must not be that important to get the answer to. And the people here would probably rather post here. I would.

Marks256 said:
Yes, but most people here have nothing better to do! :)

I come here to escape my busy, crazy work day (though I miss the Nigel to MStecha posts :D). I have plenty to do and if I do not that stuff I do not get paid. So that makes it something better to do. :)

Back to work.

no it isn't. That guy is obviously too stubborn/lazy/inexperienced to ever be able to successfully build and debug such a circuit, so why would I bother wasting time trying to "help" him (read: doing his work for him)?

I think i have allready commented on this, did i not?

I come here to escape my busy, crazy work day (though I miss the Nigel to MStecha posts ). I have plenty to do and if I do not that stuff I do not get paid. So that makes it something better to do.

Back to work.

Now you people are twisting my words arround to make them mean something else. It isn't making me very happy. I never said people had nothing to do, i said; "most people here have nothing better to do". In the scence that if you don't like what you see, you will comment about it. Yes, i agree, he lazy, he get no circuit. Fair enough?

Marks256 said:
Now you people are twisting my words arround to make them mean something else. It isn't making me very happy. I never said people had nothing to do, i said; "most people here have nothing better to do". In the scence that if you don't like what you see, you will comment about it. Yes, i agree, he lazy, he get no circuit. Fair enough?

Sorry, I thought you met us not the guy who never came her to ask. My mistake. And I thought you meant it as a joke with ":)" in there.. So I joked back with :D:)..

Not twisting words, responding to what I read (I just mis-read).. And again, I was joking as well.

Me too. I must have typed in the wrong command, i ment to make "Better" to be put in itallics, not bold, i probly hit the wrong button. :)

Since he cannot buy parts in his country he should do knitting instead of electronics.
He didn't post here probably because he has slow dial-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back