Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help to control with servo motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

majdi jaber

Hi
How I can control in number of revolutions or sub revolution to servo motor by use driver , this driver depend on reference voltage .

If you use a stepper motor you can easily control the number of revolutions, by counting the pulses to the motor.

If I'm not mistaken direct stepper motor precision is high, but resolution is not. Servo motors can have both very high resolution and precision, if the driver is designed well. This is not an easy task though, magdi has provide no details of any kind only a vague glimpse at a possible idea, nothing anyone here should be commenting on, clarification is in order before anything else can be said about this thread.

majdi jaber,

If you are locked in on using a servo motor then you must use one that has either an encoder or resolver so that you can monitor the revolutions based on the feed back from the encoder or resolver. Depending on the speed required you can use a PC parallel port to count the feed back pulses. One thing to keep in mind is that a servo system needs to be ramped up at start and ramped down at the end.

I would suggest that you use a DC brush type motor so you can apply analog current to activate and control the speed and withdraw current to stop the motor.

Do you have a servo motor and drive amplifier and if so what brand are they?

Yep,
I'mClueless

thank you for all
I have three servo motor , tow of its (SIBONI X.R.I type SRI ) and it's driver is ( Axor Microspeed 6/12) this servo motors and driver connect with machine (MIRACLE HIRZT) this machine to wood and I have problem in one of this servo motor , this problem , if I turn the machine occur LED in driver turn on (the name of LED is OC in driver) and this denote short circuit in servo motor terminals with ground , and I am chick the terminals of servo motor and the cables between servo motor and driver I am not found any short circuit and now I don’t know what I can work with this servo motor and driver (the link below to manual of servo motor driver ).
Another servo motor is (A06B-0642-B011) and connect with machine to make holes in steel plate with limit distances and I need bought this driver (A06B-6047-H002) to driver it , and I need make software to control in machine but I don’t know what must exit from computer port to control of distance because this driver depend on reference voltage not in step / direction
manual of servo motor driver (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/05/1304.pdf)
Eng . majdi jaber

majdi jaber,

I'm not familiar with your servo drives. My experience is with Yaskawa products and various companies that repackage Yaskawa products such as Omron and Ormec. When I encounter people that are using servo drive components then I automatically assume that they have computer programming skill. It has been quite awhile since I have used this technic but you can produce 10 Bit analog voltage from a computer printer port or commonly referred to as a parallel port. The procedure envolves usiing a Microsoft Multimedia High Resolution Timer along with a custom driver to control the parallel port. Using the timer you create a PWM signal by switching the port from high to low and varying the high time interval. The post parallel port circuit is very simple as all it involves is a 22uF capicitor. This is more than likely over your head but perhaps you have an accomplice that might understand the concept. Reading an encoder through a PC parallel port requires an encoder with a very low resolution due to the limited frequency of the PC clock rate.

It appears as though you are working with some type of profiling table and if that is the case then you should acquaint yourself with the popular Mach 3 CNC machine tool control software. It is free to download and the only limitation is the number of G code lines in a program. I believe that the free version allows 999 lines of G code per program.

Sorry I could not give you a direct answer to your question.

Yep,
I'mClueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back