Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help, sound system setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilfurry

I want to setup a 2 speaker with 2 tweeter for a small sound system box, can somebody help me to create a diagram, or can anybody send me a link to example diagram of this project. f.y.i, on my box i have the left and right panel each has one tweeter and one speaker.

Regards. :)

The enclosure for the speakers must match the spec's of the woofer for good bass response.
The tweeter must have a sealed back or have its own sealed chamber.
Each speaker system should have a crossover network to keep the low frequencies from damaging the tweeter and to keep high frequencies away from the woofer.

Maufacturers of speaker drivers have recommended enclosure and crossover network plans.

Building speaker boxes = can of worms 4 sure

years ago my son wanted to build speakers for his car (big sub woofers)
well I tried to explain to him that a speaker box is a very detailed science filled wityh lots of calculations etc. Even bought a book.
Things to consider = coil resistance, speaker response, type of material to be used, baffeling, ports etc etc etc.
mind boggeling to do it correctly.
That's why quality speakers are so expensive.

Speaker manufacturers have detailed plans for enclosures and crossover networks for their speakers.
They also have detailed spec's so people can use a simple computer program to design an enclosure of any size and see the compromised frequency response and excursion of the cone.

Most expensive speakers sound good but some sound bad.
Some inexpensive speakers sound good but most sound bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back