Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help-metal detector circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

explorerbaba

Please help me with the working of the attached metal detector circuit. Please include the purpose of each component.

Thank you.

Attachments

• metal detector.GIF
    metal detector.GIF
    5.8 KB · Views: 559
metal detector

Sounds like you want somebody to do your homework for you.:rolleyes::p

Last edited:
WHAT book?

1. There should be a cap in parallel with that zener
2. There's no sense in putting that 220k in series with that 1k
3. That dual-comparator thing is pointless
4. The LM324 is garbage and won't work at those frequencies
5. That circuit is awful, don't use it, try one of these instead -
Sensors / Detectors: Metal Detectors electronic circuits

You're welcome. May you find great treasure buried by rich sultans of the past.

I'm new to electronics and found this circuit in a book.
I would like to know its working.
Help me.
There's much that can be said for that simple circuit, however for us to explain it as an easily understandable lesson requires you to know some basic electronics as well. So you are already at a disadvantage. Try a far simpler circuit instead.. like a battery, switch and l.e.d. Observe correct polarity.... there's a good start!

Put down your beer and take another look at it, HiTech. I don't think there's much to be said except a few curse words.

Last edited:
What do you say about a detector that detects everything? it is sold by the company **broken link removed**.
Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back