Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

auto_mitch

Hi!
i would like to build a wireless system.Especially i want 'take' the output voltage of 28 flow sensors. i will use RF Modules at 433 MHz.I Know that i must use encoders/decoders but i dont know how!!! the dip switches of the encoder circuit are for the diffirent addresses of the sensors???
where i will connect the voltage output of the sensor???
thanks anyway

I assume you will sample the flow sensors so you only need one transmitter and one receiver. Why use RF? What distance and what terrain in the transmit path? The flow sensor output is probably low so amplifiers will be needed? A microprocessor would be handy, but you could make a sequencer with discrete components. I built a transmitter/receiver system using Q-kits and Yeago ceramic antenna. It works beyond 300 feet, no problem.

hi!
i want to check all the flowmeters at the same time with multitasking on the microcontroller system, i think that i need many transmitters and one receiver Do u know if i must amplify the sensor's signal before i will connect it at encoder's input?
I use RF modules because the work at 433 MHz and they are suitable for domestic applications.
Can u send me the circuits of your application???
Thanks a lot!!!

There are too many unknowns here: What is the make and model of sensor? What kind of encoder do you plan on using? How are you going to seperate the signals at the receiver? How fast can the flow rate change and how fast do you have to respond to changes? Are there 28 outputs to be controlled?

Yes you can use many transmitters. I did a design for a similar type of application, using 6 devices all transmitting to one receiver.

All the remote TX's were pic controlled, all having there own unique code, I only had to monitor an on/off alarm situation & battery voltage, via the A to D input. The receiver and associated Pic had no problem working out which device was sending data and could read the battery state easily.

If all your flow sensors are near to each other? a PIC at that end could be used to analyse the info and just send the ident codes for each sensor, Plus the value your trying to read? if your sensor output is not analog? just a go/no-go output, this should be fairly straight forward. I assume you don't want to go down the multiplexing route ;)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back