Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

I really need something. I need... well I don't really know what to call it, the thing that they use in vending machines that takes bills. "The money roller" I'll call it. :lol: Where can I find one of those assemblies’s? I’m guessing it is altogether in a box or something. But if I can’t find one of those, how could I do that?

They are called bill validators or bill acceptors. Brands are Mars, JCM, BVI, etc. Just do a google search...

Thank you VERY much. :D They are a bit steep in price. But, that's because they read the bill. Could I get one that doesn't read it but just accepts it? Or, can I find one for under $500? :shock:

You might find low cost ones out there. But in the end you could lose money if it accepts counterfeit bills.

:oops: :lol: I didn't even tell you what it was for... I don't need it to read bills, because it is for my use only. I'm using it with a money counter. I was going to only have that to put my bills in, and manually count it on to a 7-segment LED display or an LCD with buttons probably combined with a PIC chip. But, I was thinking, if it could count my money itself, that would be REALLY cool... so maybe I should just try to find a low cost one. :? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back