Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me in Power Issue *_*

Status
Not open for further replies.

mot1639

hi all ...

my problem is that i have small modem that come with 3.7 V battery, with 450 mah ... i change it to D battery with 3.6 V with 4000 mah ...

the problem now the modem not working ,... yes the LED in circuit work but the modem can not work ....... when i replace it with old 3.7 battery it work ....

how i can resolve this issue ... please help me out in this problem .....regards :( :( :( :( :(

Yes , the 3.7 is Lith. .....but i need to use the D type battery becouse it much stronger in current 400mah ...

regards

A D battery cell is only 1.5V if it is alkaline and new and is about only 1.25V if it is a rechargeable Ni-Cad or Ni-MH cell. It is nowhere near the 3.7V of a Lithium rechargeble cell so your circuit doesn't work.

Lithium rechargeable cells are made in many different sizes that have different capacities. I got some 3.7V/2200mAh cells from a laptop battery that had a couple of bad cells, two more from a TV converter box and some more from a portable DVD player.

The charger circuit in your modem will also charge a larger Lithium battery cell but it will take longer.

I believe what you have may be like the attached image. It is not a D battery or D cell but three D Size batteries in a NiCAd battery pack. Each cell is 1.2 volts so three in series are 3.6 volts. This is not a good choice.

You would be better off using a larger battery of the same type as you have as in possibly parallel identical batteries.

Ron

Attachments

• D Nicad Pack.jpg
    D Nicad Pack.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back