Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me ..... I want trasducer with 5 MHz .. how can I do it ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me in my graduation project ...

I want to construct circuit that working like radar by using the ultrasound nature, my idea was taken from the nature of the bat, which determining its direction by the ultrasound, but the problem is the air .... in the air the attenuation of the signal very large, so i want ultrasound transducer with high frequency , so please if anyone have any information reply me .... thanx

thanx

thanx , but the problem that i'm in jordan and there's no transducer higher than 40 khz , and i want to change it to 5 mhz if there's solution please tell me , and i also i want to know how i can construct the circuit that transmuter 5 Mhz signal ....

Abdullah2121 said:
thanx , but the problem that i'm in jordan and there's no transducer higher than 40 khz , and i want to change it to 5 mhz if there's solution please tell me , and i also i want to know how i can construct the circuit that transmuter 5 Mhz signal ....

hi,
What range to do you require, distance ?

Do you want to measure the echo time to an object or transmit from a transmitter to a receiver?

Abdullah2121 said:
I want my range 1 meter , and i want it from transmitter to receiver ...
hi,
Do you already have the 5MHz transducers?

Can you tell us what the application is going to be used for, this will help us to understand and give the best answers.

3v0 said:
google radar ultrasound

hi 3v0,
Its looks like we have the same topic running on two threads, with a slightly different name.
5MHz transducer???

my graduation project is circuit that act like radar to determine the directions, the idea was taken from the bat that can determine its direction by using the ultrasound, I have transducer 40khz but i have idea to change it to 5 mhz by decreasing its thickness , because the transducer frequncy depends on the thickness, the summary i want transmitter send signal and if there's any reflection signal received by receiver , and the distance around 1 meter.

Abdullah2121 said:
my graduation project is circuit that act like radar to determine the directions, the idea was taken from the bat that can determine its direction by using the ultrasound, I have transducer 40khz but i have idea to change it to 5 mhz by decreasing its thickness , because the transducer frequncy depends on the thickness, the summary i want transmitter send signal and if there's any reflection signal received by receiver , and the distance around 1 meter.

How do you intend to make the Piezo-ceramic disk thinner?

Do you have a data sheet for the 40KHz transducer you can post>

Abdullah2121 said:
sorry i mean glass paper .... I can do it

Do you have a variable frequency generator so that you can keep checking the resonance as you thin the disk?

Remember that the rated power output will fall as you increase the frequency.

Some ready made transducers have the parallel tuning capacitor inside the transducer housing, you may also have to change the connecting cable in order to minimize the capacitance.

What is the power in Watts for the 40KHz transducer?

Do you mean to say that you want to make sound at a frequency of 5,000,000 Hertz? Is it even possible to vibrate air at this rate?

blueroomelectronics said:
It would appear the OP hasn't done their homework.

hi Bill,
Whats worrying me is he is going to use abrasive paper to reduce the thickness of the ceramic from 40KHz to 5MHz.

I image all he will finish up with is a pile of dust!, It will be VERY thin and virtually useless.

To bounce a 5MHz sound pulsesoff an object, in air, 1 mtr away is optomistic.:rolleyes:

I have designed underwater acoustics for 210KHz and 500KHz using 200Watts, for depths upto 140 metres,
in air you get a limited range of around 20mtrs.

He says he wants to simulate 'bat' sonar, I have trouble hearing bats at 30KHz never mind 5MHZ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back