Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me for a project

Status
Not open for further replies.
sir
I am student. I want to make a security system
for the locker in the home by sensing the finger prints of the family members
can u help me by giving appropritate directions in realising the circuit for the above said project since i am a beginner in this field, i had only knowledge about digital systems,communication systems,linear integrated circuits and electronic circuits

Many have asked for a solution to this project across the web, sadly no simple solution exists. Of course other forms of unique identification exist.

Biometric identification using the acoustic properties of the ear canal.
This is one of the less well known methods but is far simpler to tackle.

Perhaps one of the many ultrasonic range finding circuits that abound on the web could be adapted to perform a proof of principle experiment?

1) Select a fingerprint image sensor from one of the many suppliers out there.

2) Get that sensor connected to some kind of programmable logic and have it sending images to a PC.

3) Write a program in C that performs some kind of recognition on the images. I hear that Gabor filters are helpful for fingerprints. You might also look into wavelet transforms.

4) Get this program running on your board.

Anjalikrishna1985 said:
sir
I am student. I want to make a security system
for the locker in the home by sensing the finger prints of the family members
can u help me by giving appropritate directions in realising the circuit for the above said project since i am a beginner in this field, i had only knowledge about digital systems,communication systems,linear integrated circuits and electronic circuits
as suggested above , finger print identification is little bit difficult , consider rfid (mm..little bit awkward for your case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back