Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me find out how I damaged my preamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekendsolderer

Please help me find my preamps short circuit or blown component.
I need help with a preamp. My preamp is controlled by keypads plugged into an rj45 port.
The port has 8 wires

1,2,3 zone selection
4 rs485
5 rs 485-
6 12 v
7 ground
8 other

It is my understanding that the keypad control the amp through an optoisolator circuit.
Any way a keypad shorted out and then it shorted out the preamp. Not knowing I had a shorted keypad I then put another preamp on and it shorted and to make things worse I repeated my mistake.

Thus I shorted three elan z630 preamps. I know need to figure out how to fix. What is the most sensitive component? Is it the optoisolator? the resister etc. I have no circuit diagram.
I could provide pictures of circuit board and thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back