Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me...comment on my final year project

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaththa19

hi
im a undergraduate student and i would like to send a low rate data stream through fiber optics..my objectives are,
• Transmitting E1(2.048Mbps) level data streams to the destination via fiber optics
• Replacing the function of ‘E1 to STM-1 Converter’ used in the industry used in small and medium networks
• Replacing 4 wire E1 with one fiber cable for long distance communication
• Have an option to plug in new E1 links and send through same fiber as a requirement of future capacity expansions
• Minimize the complexity of wiring of E1

is this a good project..what should be modified?...is it ok f i built up my own protocol to send data through fiber.is this advantagable?..pls comment on my project......

Last edited:
Although I'm not much knowledgeable of fiber-optic networks, your project seems fairly challenging. Building a project up to current industrial standards is going to be quite an experience.

hi
...is it ok f i built up my own protocol to send data through fiber.is this advantagable?..pls comment on my project......

In my opinion there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. The time you are going to spend on researching and utilizing current protocols will be significantly less than creating a new one. The new protocol might even create bugs in your network that your test cases might not have triggered. Most likely current protocols will also support the scalability which is one of the objectives you specified.

Letting us know your major, and the focus/objective of the project specified by your professor will return healthier replies to your questions.

hi transistance,
Actually This is not my professors idea.sorry im unable to give his feedback here.If i tell u mo i can say it this way...

For example buildings with several stories which have internal networks need to communicate with each floor. Normally E1 cables are wired between floors . One E1 link consists of 4 copper wires. Hence if there are several E1 links a huge amount of wires should be assemble. This makes the wiring more and more complex with increasing number of E1 links. Also introducing a new E1 link takes time because wiring should be done between originating and terminating locations using new E1 cables.
Replacing all E1 cables one Fiber cable can be used since Fiber has a very high capacity compared to copper. Mostly in the industry to transmit several E1s through a fiber a company will have to use E1 to STM converter which is not economically feasible for an average building network. Therefore by this project it is intend to make a product which interface to multiple E1s and output the data to a fiber transmission bearer.
Since fiber has a high capacity of carrying data a large capacity is spared to use in future connections of E1. Hence a new E1 link can be easily added to the existing fiber link without requiring any resource or extra time.
Places this product can be used:
• Internal building Networks
• Telecommunication Server Rooms
• Base Transceiver Stations

please advice me mo...thankz alot...thanks thanks thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back