Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help ID componet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOmega

First, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have searched for two days trying to find out what this component is and I just can't find it. I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me. The component I need identified is at the top center of the attached schematic, between W10 and W11. I have never seen this before and cannot find anything even remotely similar on the web. The actual physical device appears to be just a male/female coupler in the wiring harness. However, the gentleman briefing us on this piece of equipment said it was a fuse.

I have to start fielding this equipment soon, and don’t want to give our Soldiers bogus information and I’m certain the device depicted between W10 and W11 is not a fuse.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

JD

Attachments

• PBA schematic.JPG
    PBA schematic.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 158
The device between 10 and 11 does not correspond to any standard circuit symbol I'm aware of. It could be an inline fuse, but they have a fuse at the bottom of the diagram that uses a standard fuse symbol so it's certainly not clear. Your guess is as good as mine.

This is a guess too, but I think it is just a connector.

Wires W2 and W7 run the whole way and don't have a connector shown, but W10 connects to W11 through the mystery doodad.

This is a guess too, but I think it is just a connector.

Wires W2 and W7 run the whole way and don't have a connector shown, but W10 connects to W11 through the mystery doodad.

I also guess it's a a connector. The battery terminals look similar to it.

Thanks for the answers so far gentlemen, I wish I had a picture of the device, I just didn’t think to take one at the time. Physically, it looks very similar to connector but with the standard circuit symbol for a single wire connector being so simple I really can’t see using this unusual symbol for one.

Honestly I never thought to question the information calling it a fuse until I got back to the office and noticed the relative standard fuse symbol in another part of the diagram.

I hope someone who sees this will know.

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back