Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help for proJect !!! (wind speed and direction measurement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cotyora

hi evryone...

I have to work on project. it is a wind speed and direction measurement and it will be display on real-time like LCD.
can u help me immediately....

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I need more details to help you:
What kind of speed / direction traductors do you use , or at least minimum/maximum speed, and how many steps you need to display.

I need more details to help you:
What kind of speed / direction traductors do you use , or at least minimum/maximum speed, and how many steps you need to display.

Wind Direction and Speed Measurement

In this project, you will design and realize a microcontroller based circuit that will measure the speed of the wind and determine the direction of the wind. The results will be shown on a display in real time.

there is no limitations.
please help me
i search al lot of site but i couldn't find how i convert the voltage which comes from motor to the digital signal and display on the LCD screen...

In this project, you will design and realize a microcontroller based circuit that will measure the speed of the wind and determine the direction of the wind. The results will be shown on a display in real time.

there is no limitations.
please help me
i search al lot of site but i couldn't find how i convert the voltage which comes from motor to the digital signal and display on the LCD screen...

hi,
The motor you are using [with propeller blades] to measure the wind speed.
Measure the voltage output with a voltmeter, spin the motor shaft and tell us what the voltmeter reads. It should be 'dc' volts... OK.?:)

hi,
The motor you are using [with propeller blades] to measure the wind speed.
Measure the voltage output with a voltmeter, spin the motor shaft and tell us what the voltmeter reads. It should be 'dc' volts... OK.?:)

yes it is a DC volts..
so what will i do ???

Getting impatient Eric?

Never impatient.:rolleyes:

I cant seem to get simple answers to simple questions...

Its not just Cotyora, its seems a general problem.

I think I am going to attend evening classes in 'remote viewing' might get more luck.:)

there is no limitations.
please help me

I think that line means YOU will design, not us. Give us so idea of what you have done and can do.

You can not use a dc motor as a transducer because of its magnetic field inside, on low wind speed the propeller will not move did all. Use an optic barrier (a LED and a photo-diode)and a disk with axial holes , or the even propeller blades then measure the pulse frequency, its easier and more accurate than measuring the voltage. Are you familiar with micro-controllers or starting from scratch?

The unfiltered voltage from a dc motor (in this case used as dc generator)looks like that: Current_rectification_diagram.png, with six pulses per rotation . I use pic16f628a in my current project , it has two comparators , you can use one as input. The wind speed is proportional with the pulse frequency, count the pulses for a fixed period of time, multiply with a calibration constant and here is the wind speed .
For Microchip PIC micro controllers you can find LCD example here:**broken link removed**
Witch micro controller/tools are you familiar with? If this is your first project in micro controllers it will be very difficult.

I agree with the comments above, i will try and help anyone - but i dont agree with doing everything for them. If they have made an effort, mabey suggested parts they would like to use (if they work or not for that purpose will be another thing, but that is where *WE* can help)

There is no way that this assignment should have been handed out to someone who doesnt know enough (or hasnt googled enough) to have a basic grasp of it.

If the question was, i have to build a wind measurement device, i am using a PicXXFXXX, but am struggling with the wind speed, could you suggest an input device?

then we could all be more helpful

I agree with the comments above, i will try and help anyone - but i dont agree with doing everything for them. If they have made an effort, mabey suggested parts they would like to use (if they work or not for that purpose will be another thing, but that is where *WE* can help)

There is no way that this assignment should have been handed out to someone who doesnt know enough (or hasnt googled enough) to have a basic grasp of it.

If the question was, i have to build a wind measurement device, i am using a PicXXFXXX, but am struggling with the wind speed, could you suggest an input device?

then we could all be more helpful

It often boils down to slacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back