Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help finding this rotary switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay87T

its for a Tempo Sidekick Telco meter this is a 12 pos (or 6 pos? not sure) think its 6 POS since there are 2 poles rotory switch
Has 2 levels the botom level was all screwed up, pins all broke, this is a pic
any help would be great.
Thanks.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

This is a 2 pole 6 position switch. You can tell by your second photo. The two half circles near the center of the switch indicate the 2 poles. These half-circles are connected to the tabs on the left and right sides of the switch. So now that we know we have two poles, we know (by counting the number of terminals) that there are 6 different positions. 12 total terminals divided by 2 poles = 6 positions.

Do you have to have this exact model, or will a different rotary switch work in its place? By which I mean, there are similar rotary switches available which aren't necessarily made by the same manufacturer, but have the same physical structure.

If you need the exact model: Are there any part numbers on the switch?

I know radio shack has 2 pole 6 position rotary switches for about $3. Also, this link has some rotary switches:

https://www.cir.com/
They're only a couple miles from where I live, so if you need me to get you a diagram or something, I don't mind.

Also, www.digikey.com has some rotary switches that will fit the bill, but, in my mind, they tend to over-price their switches.

Hey, thanks for the reply, atleast now I know what I got!
I checked the switch for numbers and saw a "C" on one side of the circle and a "7" on the other, perhaps this helps. I think I will hit Radio shack
tomorrow and see if I can get a 2 pol 6 pos switch I may be able to open it and pull what I need to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back