Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please comment on my project, GSM security system using SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

umar_arshad

Hello guys,
I've built this GSM security system as my semester project using T290i mobile and controlled my car using it. Please leave your comments about it.
If any one needs help in implementing such a system, I can help.

Some of the functions it can perform are:
* start and stop the engine (without using the key)
* stop the engine if somebody starts it with a key ( by cutting off ignition)
* lock and unlock the doors
* send a text message to the owner if an intruder is detected (by monitoring the doors)
* switch the heater/air conditioner on and off

You can see the complete details, pictures and download project files and source code from my website.
GSM Vehicle Control and Security System using SMS | All Things Tech

I don't understand... do you control the vairous systems in your car by sending a text message to the phone within the car? That's a very impressive reuse of technology. Hope you got an "A"

Extremely well thought out project, nice job. Although it might not be the safest idea, being able to send an SMD message to the phone that can completely disable the ignition would be nice.

There's a commercial system here in the US called Onstar that uses cell phone service to connect to a help center which monitors the car in case of an accident or emergency, if you have the proper authorization codes you can even have them unlock the doors for your with a phone call if you lock your keys in, things like that. A new feature on some vehicles for anti theft is Onstar can even disable the car if it's been stolen, even if it's being driven.

I don't understand... do you control the vairous systems in your car by sending a text message to the phone within the car? That's a very impressive reuse of technology. Hope you got an "A"

Yes the SMS was sent to a mobile phone inside the car. It could have been a GSM module but mobile phone was much cheaper, actually it cost me only about $12 with the battery, charger, and serial cable. GSM module would have been at least $30-40.

And yes I did get an "A".:D

Extremely well thought out project, nice job. Although it might not be the safest idea, being able to send an SMD message to the phone that can completely disable the ignition would be nice.

There's a commercial system here in the US called Onstar that uses cell phone service to connect to a help center which monitors the car in case of an accident or emergency, if you have the proper authorization codes you can even have them unlock the doors for your with a phone call if you lock your keys in, things like that. A new feature on some vehicles for anti theft is Onstar can even disable the car if it's been stolen, even if it's being driven.

Yes it does not seem to be the safest idea. But the SMS is interpreted by the software in such a calibrated fashion before the final function is performed that unexpected behavior is not seen at all. Even if there is a small error in the SMS command, the function is never performed.

Thank you for the appreciation. :)

with a 3.3V voltage regulator... running on a 12V battery(not visible in pics).

Last edited:
im very new to this site....
by the time , im searching for an electronic and telecommunication based project....
seems this is a good idea......

can u plz help me to find more details about this project....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back