Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please chech my schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

furyfax

NEW DESIGN! LOOK FURTHER DOWN ONE THE PAGE

We are two students which have the following task/project:

We're developing a product for a fish farmer. Out in the sea, where the fish are held, there are two cameras. One camera is mounted at the top, its' task is to oversee the feed process.
The other camera is a sub sea camera, and its' tasks are; oversee the feeding process, the owner can see when the fish are finished eating.
The other task is just to monitor the fish, detect dead fish or diseases.

Our circuit board uses these two composite signals from the cameras, these go into a picture-in-picture (PiP) IC, PVP9390A.
This IC makes one single signal out of the two signals and this signal is sent wireless onshore.

We also use an Atmega64 to send I2C commands to the PVP9390A, we will have pushbuttons onshore, which sends different commands to the PVP9390A.

As you see in the schematic the PVP9390A gives out RGB, therefore we use the AD725 to convert it to composite.
The schematic is not totally finished, PIN3 at the AD725 should have a crystal oscillator, and this will be put in the schematic later, after we have found the correct one.
The EL1883 is a sync separator, which gets the horizontal and vertical sync (we’re hoping).

If we are unclear about anything feel free to ask. The attachments are the different datasheets.
Hope someone can overlook the schematic, and see if you see some obvious mistakes, first time using eagle, so be gentle ;)

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
From what I am reading the PVP9030A is a dinterlacer, scaler and a frame syncronizer all rolled into one. But in order to implement a Picture-in-Picture you are going to need another device to composite the scaled signal on top of a full size NTSC or PAL signal. The PVP is not designed to work as a standalone unit, it is designed to work with a Video Engine.

To make a long story short as it stands you circuit is not going to work....

EDIT:
Maybe it will have to read the datasheet again.....

Are you expecting 2 full motion videos and 30fps?

kingpin094

Last edited:
Unfortunately it seems you are correct. We'll need a VCT 48/49xyI. Well guess we've got some more reading to do.. :D

I don't know of any cheap off the shelf part that will composite 2 video sources together. I used to work for a company that designed display for avionics and one of the display lines hard PIP. But the chip used was really expensive and hard to use. The other problem you are going to find is that none of the chips you will find will be in "friendly cases". Most will be BGA or TQFP.

kingpin094

if you only need one signal at a time (meaning he isn't going to use two screens and see both at once) why not just use an analouge switch to select from the shore which signal you want to look at rather than bringing both over the air and then selecting

We only need one screen, but we need to be able to see both cameras on the same screen. One small picture up in the right corner, and the other camera on the rest of the screen. This is where the atmega is used, send I2C commands to the PVP9390 to switch between different modes. Seems like we need a chip like the VCT 48/49xyI, but this chip has far to many features we don't need. Would like a simplier one.

Edit (not relevant to the problem): The different modes we want are:
1: camera 1 in upper right corner and rest of the screen camera 2
2: camera 2 in upper right corner and rest of the screen camera 1
3: only camera 1
4: only camera 2

Last edited:
I`m the other student in the project....
just an odinary video transmitter and receiver you can find in any shop-shelf ( can`t remember the name...) This can only send and receive one signal, so that one more reason for the PIP.

We've been busy contacting Micronas for more information. It's correct that it won't work like we've designed. We need a video processor of some sort.

The VCT 48/49xyI is overkill for this project, so we are searching for altarnatives. Thanks for the input Kingpin094, it's good we've found out of this serious problem so early.

Does anyone have any suggestion to what chip that can serve our purpose ?
Hope you guys can help us out.

Rather than reinventing the wheel, why not just use a TV to do the PIP and whatnot?
My old TV had 2 NTSC inputs and would be able to do exactly what you need to do with a few button presses on the remote, which could easily be faked by a microcontroller.

Just my 2 cents...

Ok, we're ready to get slaughtered again. We've now changed to the VSP 9437B from Micronas. Datasheet is uploaded. I've exported a picture of the design, this is also uploaded.
After talking to a german engineer from Micronas he suggested this chip combined with the AD725. I can't really see why we need the AD725, since it looks like the VSP 9437B also gives out composite.

Regarding reinventing the wheel, this is a school assignment we're doing for å fishfarmer. We are not allowed to use finnished products such as TV, therefore we need to design it from the start.

Hope you guys can look at the picture and see if there are some mistakes, prettyr sure some mistakes are made.

Page 233 in the datasheet is what I have used for connecting the different things.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back