Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Playstation2 Portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobelium98

I have posted a long story in some other forums and I have got some answers so here is a short runover of what Im planning to build.

Playstation 2 slim version and laptop screen in one unit.I have seen mods with small 7" screens or something along those lines but this is something I havent stumbled upon yet (At this point Im constructing sentences that are way over my skill level so grammatical mistakes are involved in this post). I hope I can manage to make it slim and quite portable (It will still be plugged into the wall, so in that sense it aint that portable). So behind the laptop screen in the housing I will make sometime will be the PS2 mainboard with disc reader (Im pretty sure there are no other components inside a ps2), two controller boards, one that will take playstation´s AV RCA whatever output and convert it into VGA. The other controller board will take the VGA and output it to LVDS (laptop screen connection).

RCA to VGA - **broken link removed**

VGA to LVDS - **broken link removed**

I hope that to this point everything is clear. I guess here is the first real question: Will this configuration work? The two controller boards I mean. There shouldn´t be any major problems involved but who knows, I might be missing something.

Now to the second problem. Both controller boards need power also. RCA to VGA needs 5V 2A power and the VGA to LVDS needs 12V 2-5A power.
So I figured that something like this would maybe work:

I made a scheme of what I think I need to connect to what and how - https://gyazo.com/e32a121cfa0b0422c8d928ad9995f3cd (worst scheme ever but gets the job done. I hope atleast)

Should those do the trick for "switch-mode regulators"? - **broken link removed**

And these for splitters? - **broken link removed**

And these plugs to connect to switch-mode regulators? - **broken link removed**

I have figured out that I dont need to use the splitters and 5.5mm plugs, I can just wire everything up and split it that way. Premade connectors and wires would be more safe in my opinion though, those arent too expensive also. So share your knowledge and help a guy out, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back