Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Playstation modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykotikdevil

I have a PS1 model number SCPH-101 that I would like to turn into a Super Nintendo Emulator. There's a programming component needed here as well as a know how of electronics that I don't really have.

I'd need a flash burner as well as flash chips compatiable with the PS1. I then need to know which chip in the PS1 is the bios chip that I would have to replace. Does anyone know the best way to go about this and where to find the parts to do so?

SNES Emu

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a Super NES?

I know, I know, that's not the point. But I just couldn't resist. :D

-Alex-

i believe this is illegal and risky business. From what i've been told you have to actually program a microcontroller and the solder that in, cut a few traces...

I doubt anybody on these forums has the information you want.

Ya, ya i know the legal issues, and I know about the emulators that run on your computer. I'm basically going to turn my PS into a really simple minded DOS computer that will run the emulator for me :D

and ab0tj, i have a SNES, you buy my all the games and I'll think about scrapping the project ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back