Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Playstation game with TV in arcade cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyBarry

I would like to build a playstation 2 cabinet just like an arcade cabinet. It would be easy to put together but my problem is setting the game for credits in order to make some money. I thought maybe it was already developed or maybe it is. If not, I would like to give it a try. Any suggestions...please post message with great details but in simple understanding directions.[/i]

CandyBarry said:
I would like to build a playstation 2 cabinet just like an arcade cabinet. It would be easy to put together but my problem is setting the game for credits in order to make some money. I thought maybe it was already developed or maybe it is. If not, I would like to give it a try. Any suggestions...please post message with great details but in simple understanding directions.[/i]

Unless you have purchased the rights to the games, I don't think you can legally make money on this. But maybe you just want to keep it hidden in
your basement to rip off your friends (that's ok)

I do not believe the games understand credits, so the best I think you will be able to do is simply prevent or allow play based on coin inputs.

Optikon said:
so the best I think you will be able to do is simply prevent or allow play based on coin inputs.

probably the only way - simply have a coin slot that triggers a monostable when a coin is inserted. At the end of the time period the game is disabled. However, how to disable it could be interesting... Cut the power and it causes damge to the playstation (i assume), cut the lead to the TV or the controller, and the person playing sees them selves dying (or whatever), but can't do anything about it until they put in more coins (extremely annoying). Possibly you could wire the pause button up with a relay so that when the time period runs out, the pause button is 'pressed', and can only be un paused when the person puts in more money.

unless of course you can program PS2 games...!! :lol:

Just my thoughts.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back