Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

'Play' Radio System for Local Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

momiki

A local museum that I am doing work for needs one of it's exhibits redone. It is a role-play town for kids that has a fire station, tv studio, etc. and most of the 'buildings' are very interactive. I was thinking about replacing one of the more dated 'buildings' with a radio station but am not sure on what would be the easiest and cheapest way to make a 'play' radio system.

The radio system has to be functional- I want to have a microphone in the station itself and radios in a few other 'buildings' within the exhibit.

Thanks so much for any help on this,
Jacob J.

Simple answer? Mr Microphone! that's right kids, tons-o-fun. As seen on TV! Order now and we'll throw in a garish orange windscreen!!

seriously,though, It is a low power wireless mic that that transmits on the FM frequencies. Depending on how large the exhibit is, you can just use small pocket AM/FM radios or 'toy' style boomboxes in the outlying buildings. If you can post pics, along with an idea of the area to be covered(size) I can give you a informed recommendation. Working with museums in the past, I know that there are/is never enough budget dollars. With a better idea of what you have to work with, I think I can help you get the most bang for your buck. I am an Systems Engineer for live event productions co's all of which use wireless mics often. even if Mr Mic isn't suitable for your project, as someone on here says: There are many ways to get to Rome. "Data, I need more Data!" Capt. Picard speaking to an Android.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I found several of these FM microphones online.

The area is not very large and definitely within a 100 foot radius of the 'radio station'. I can get you pictures soon, but I can tell you now that the 'buildings' are abou 12 feet by 12 feet with no ceilings. They are enclosed in a large room.

Where would you say my best bet is to find these microphones, or would it be best to order online?

Thanks again for your reply,
Jacob J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back