Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plate that rotates every 30 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petronius

I have a project I would like to create that involves moving a plate around an axle every 30 seconds. I would like the plate to move 1/7 its total circumference every 30 seconds. While the mechanism may be electronic, it could also be accomplished by a spring. Can anyone give me any suggestions about how to realize my project?

Thank you.

Do you want the plate to turn at a constant rate, or do you want it to stop and start. If the latter, how fast do you want it to move between stops? Does it have to be completely stopped between movements?

John

What are the approximate size and weight of the plate?
Does the axle go through the centre of the plate and is it normal to the plate plane?

Last edited:
Spring suggests you want the plate turning back after some steps. Is it?

The OP hasn't answered any of our questions yet; however, if you think of a spring and catch mechanism (e.g., an escapement in a clock), there is no need for the plate to reverse itself. Of course, none of us know what the OP had in mind with a spring.

John

It sounds like you want the plate to rotate like a wheel? I was design engineer for many years we built things like this for customers. What does the spring do? From the limited information you provided I would use a variable speed rotatory table with 1 proximity switch with 7 stops and a programmable controller. Does it need to precision stop within .001" and lock in place? What is the tolerance on this device?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back