Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plate Heatsink Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camelolouco

Hi all,

I`m working on a project with high powered LEDs. In the thermal design I`m have this problem. I find a value of the maximum Case-to-Ambient Thermal Resistance. But I don`t know how I can use this value to find the dimensions of a square plate heat sink (aluminium). Does someone here know how to calculate this?

Thanks in advance.

Bruno

Here is a **broken link removed**.

For a quick and dirty solution you can use 50 divided by the square root of the area in CM. So 6.25 square cm = 20 degree C per watt. Add this to junction to case from the data sheet. Leave some safety margin for mounting etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back