Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plastic Enclosure Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
brentonw2004 said:
One of my main problems with this is simply my location where I live. I live in West Virginia, and there is really no plastic wholesalers even remotely close to me, and I don't even know who to ask. I don't need anything really fancy, or extremely heat resistant. I am basically looking to make some plastic that is similar to a project box from Radio Shack, or a similar plastic. What type of plastic is this? I need a plastic that I can make without anything really special or extremely expensive. I have looked at some places on the internet that talk about injection molding that needs around 20,000psi and an extreme amount of heat. Are there any plastics that will form around room temperature and I don't have to have a cast iron mold to work with? Also what is vacuum forming? Thanks for everyone's help so far, but I am still very puzzled.
Thanks!
Brent

telephone and fax machine :)

I often get quotes without going in person.

One thing you might look into though, you can make epoxy moulds to perserve bugs or cover photos etc. I wonder how you would search that on the web?

I think you got the ABS brake system confused with the ABS plastic.

No, I am quite aware of the difference :lol: However, I should probably have been thinking of NBR (Nitrile-Butadiene Rubber) or SBR (Styrene-Butadiene Rubber)

From **broken link removed**
- Acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber (NBR):
4002 51 - - Latex :
4002 51 00 10 - - - For use in the manifacture and reconditioning (recapping) of tyres and inner tubes
for all kinds of motor vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back