Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plasmavision 42" PDS 4208 Faulty PSU Problems Please Help =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fujitsu Plasmavision 42" PDS 4208 Faulty PSU Problems Please Help =[

Hi everyone :)
this is my first post here, i was expecting an intro thread... or maybe Ive missed it! but i could really appreciate any of you guys help.

this is my problem...

i have this plasmavision it has been working fine since i got it, now all of a sudden the picture will just disappear, as its only a display unit and I'm running my audio thru my home cinema system.
its an intermittent fault but its been progressively getting worse, sometimes a sudden display change will cause it to stop working, a total display loss with no osd... however green light continues and the psu still carries on operating with fans going... until a couple of minutes when it will shut itself down and display an orange light for no input signal.

Ive had the psu out and tested all the connections as i have the service manual but no schematics. when the unit is fully operational all output voltages are correct but a few which maybe a volt lower or higher than stated.

however when the unit stops displaying a picture, the x and y sustain outputs drops its tension... only one connection does this on the CN49 on the Ve pins for both sustains the tension drops from 16v to 4.2

i have removed the sustain connectors to power up the psu and funny enough... without the sustain boards connected the pin has only a 0.2v output

this is really confusing me now. Its a bit of a bummer too as i have no schematics to follow *puh*

am i right in thinking this is solely a psu problem?... or maybe a faulty digital board?.. seeing that the display shuts itself off due to no signal? or could it be a faulty sustain board?

does anyone know whats going on or had this problem before? kindest regards to all... Jay jaydeeks(at)hotmail.co.uk

Last edited:
Mine did the same.
Chech hibrid modules in sustain boards, there is a bad solders in mosfet gates resistors (15R).
img2141ke.jpg

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back