Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plasma lamp circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

riad

:roll: Hey guys i really need a schematic for the construction of a decoration plasma lamp :idea: :idea:

(to buy the real one is very expensive!!) :(

Attachments

• lplbuy_classicplasmasphere.jpg
    lplbuy_classicplasmasphere.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,426
All I can tell you is that, to make one is even more expensive. Anyway, the circuit is very simple. You merely need a transformer to generate a few kilovolts. What is difficult is getting a vacuum globe filled with inert gases. If you don't have the resources for these, then it's better to just buy one. If you do have, then why stop at plasma globes? There's always jacob's ladder, tesla coils :twisted:

Anyway, google around for it. I remember seeing someone do one using a light bulb :D

Build a tesla coil, no inert gas needed! :twisted:

Maybe a welding supply shop would carry the gas needed, (would Argon work?)

Let's clarify- do you want to build a driver, or the whole globe? Do you have a broken driver or no driver at all?

The driver is not so hard. You need a high voltage flyback transformer (that's the tricky part). There are two flavors past that- one's a Hartley oscillator that automatically adjusts to the resonance of the transformer and globe, or a fixed freq 555-type circuit. The 555 doesn't find the resonant point, but actually this isn't a big deal, the globe operates fine without it. In fact, the globe has interesting variations in its streamers as the freq is varies.

I have a PIC microcontroller doing fun things with a plasma globe. It slowly swings from one freq extreme to the other so the globe varies from a faint white glow in the center to a reddish glow on the exterior.

well thank u for the assistance but i have seen some plasma lamps working without noble gaz
,they work normally containing air

So does it takes some other things to do????

Related to the transformer you have several options.

Ones is to make one yourself, and the other, is to get and old TV Flyback.

Remember that it must be a real OLD TV. Thats because TV circuit has a rectifier diode between the flyback and the tube.

In new ones that diode is packaded inside de flyback case, but in old models (more than 20 years ago) you can see it just outside the flyback.

Bye
Sebastian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back