Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plasma generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonytone

Hi,

I would be very grateful if someone could help me to find a particular patent for a 'Plasma generator'.

If I remember correctly, the patent in question was from a guy in the USA or Canada. He sold it on Ebay for $25.00 a copy (although, it could be had free via the patent office).

It featured on a number of Yahoo ‘free energy’ type groups & consisted of (as I remember) a circuit containing a number of capacitors, inductors etc, and a metallic vessel where the plasma was generated.

Sorry to be so sketchy, but I lost my computer in a fire, and so lost all the information. I would appreciate it if anyone can help me to find some details so that I could do a more specific a patent search.

If I should have put this on another part of the board please let me know.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Pat.

my house is filled with plasma generators. I've converted almost every lighting fixture that runs more than a few hours a day over to a plasma based light. Of course, I'm talking about fluorescent light bulbs.

perhaps you can be more specific as to what sort of plasma generation you're interested in?

Good Point, although tulips grow from bulbs, you must mean fluorescent lamps lol.

This was high energy plasma as I recall. BTW, I enjoyed your project website.

Thanks for your reply, finding this again is probably a bit of a longshot, if I knew more, I could dig it out of a patents database.

Pat

No, The light emitting part is a lamp, it really is!

However, since the introduction of the electric light ‘bulb’ common usage has used the word bulb to mean lamp. I'm probably a bit longer in the tooth than you Nigel, so I come from an era when the pros used the word lamp, while the general public used the word bulb. The word for what a lamp fits into is a ‘fitting’ or ‘lamp holder’.

This is not very important in the scheme of things, so if you like to say bulb, then fine & dandy. If you are keen to be right, then please accept my apologies, you are right & I am wrong, that is fine too.

Peace,

Pat.

Depends on how 'long in the tooth' you are :D - but going back 35 years (which is how long I've been professionally involved in Electronics) they have been called bulbs in trade price lists and catalogues?.

You don't have your loaction filled in, so we don't know where you are, and this type of thing tends to be country specific (boot or trunk anyone?), more so than I thought looking at Wikipedia? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_bulb

He is probably using compact fluorescent light emitting thingies.
I have them all over my house too. Most are in light fixtures, a few in lamps.

Most stores have fluorescent tubes, not lamps. I have a few of them too.

There's a Marx Generator, which is a voltage multipler. Think its resistors, capacitors, and a spark gap for each stage. Been a long time...

Thanks Ron H,

It's not the one I think from a cursory glance, but it is interesting nonetheless. It’s around the right date. Many thanks for your efforts to help.

Pat.

Back to the light bulbs.

I'm UK based & British, I'm in my late forties & have either designed or sold electronics for 99% of my professional life.

www.neweyandeyre.co.uk/pdf/8691 Spec Lamps 06 Web.pdf

If you run your eye over this, (I do have other 'evidence') you may see what I am saying.

What does this achieve, again not a lot, but perhaps some of the thinly veiled sarcasm will reduce lol.

Pat

tonytone said:
Back to the light bulbs.

I'm UK based & British, I'm in my late forties & have either designed or sold electronics for 99% of my professional life.

Only a younster then? :p

I suggest you enter your location (UK or Britain is fine), it helps to reduce confusion.

www.neweyandeyre.co.uk/pdf/8691 Spec Lamps 06 Web.pdf

If you run your eye over this, (I do have other 'evidence') you may see what I am saying.

What does this achieve, again not a lot, but perhaps some of the thinly veiled sarcasm will reduce lol.

We thrive on sarcasm, we're probably all deeply insulted to be accused of 'thinly veiling it' :D

As you say, it makes no difference what you call them, as you look round lamp and bulb are even used interchangably on the same page!.

I had a BIG argument with the old shop manager years back, he was really condesending to customers who came and asked for a 'bulb' - so I showed him all his own catalogues many of which called them bulbs, and the boxes on the shelves many of which said 'bulb'. He was an obnoxious short guy (not that I'm tall). On an unrelated issue, I well remember picking him off the floor, with one hand, by his shirt front and pushing him into a wall - holding him there with his feet off the floor - while my other hand decided if it was going to push his face through the wall! (it didn't though!).

Funny that, not tall myself. Used to spend some of my spare time working front of house security, too disabled these days to do that any more.

Thanks one & all for all of your help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back