Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Placing motor IC on PCB Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhinesh.ganesan

Hi

I need some help regarding placing the motor IC near to the top corner. is that going to be a problem in power dissipation? I've found that whole circuit consumes around 40mA-100mA. Please let me know is that good to place the IC at the top?

upload_2017-12-14_12-55-51.png

I think you can have at the top edge of the board.
We don't know much but it looks like you are not using the part hard.
Looks like a two sided board. I would fill the blue side and much of the red side with copper. The idea is to pull the heat away from U2.

A1 is probably a voltage regulator. Maybe a 7805. I usually put a pad down for the case. It helps to hold the part to the PCB. (vibration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back