Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PK2 debug exec in wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I am trying to debug a 12F509 with PK2 and it appears that MPLAB is trying to place the debug executive at location 0x600. The 12F509 only has memory up to 0x3ff. I've posted on Microchip about this but as it's weekend I thought I would see if anyone here can help.

This is the output window,
Initializing PICkit 2 version 0.0.3.30
Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.20.1
Target power detected ( 4.79V)
PICkit 2 Ready

Resetting
Programming Target (16/08/2008 3:01:25 PM)
Erasing Target
Programming Program Memory (0x0 - 0xF8)
Verifying Program Memory (0x0 - 0xF8)
Programming Debug Executive (0x-600 - 0x3FF)
Verifying Debug Executive (0x600 - 0x3FF)
PK2Error0027: Failed verify (Address = 0x600 - Expected Value 0x5E4 - Value Read 0x4)
PICkit 2 Ready

edit, forget it, it looks like this device needs additional circuitry before you can debug.

Mike.

Last edited:
I am trying to debug a 12F509 with PK2 and it appears that MPLAB is trying to place the debug executive at location 0x600. The 12F509 only has memory up to 0x3ff. I've posted on Microchip about this but as it's weekend I thought I would see if anyone here can help.

This is the output window,

edit, forget it, it looks like this device needs additional circuitry before you can debug.

Mike.
Hay Pommie, Nice catch.Perhaps it would covered only in next version update.
How are you other wise? Finger fully restored and perhaps we can forget about that accident.

Ps: Can you set the device to base line and select the device, there after see the mplab limitations as displayed there please?

Last edited:
Hi Sarma,

Yes, my finger is fully restored.

I hadn't tried debugging one of the little pics before and didn't realize that an additional header was required. I'm currently debugging the 12f509 code on a 16F886 as that was the smallest chip I had that has full PK2 debug (the 16f88 only has partial support). The hardest bit is making sure I don't exceed the 2 address stack.

I hope all is well with you and your family.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back