Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIR sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdin

Hi

Iam looking into a device using a PIR sensor.

I need to know the best placement for the device based on its PIR sensor.However the specification sheet of the sensor could not be used because of the implementation of the sensor in this device differs in angle, therefore
the spread of the sensing differs as well.

Is there any way that i can map the sensing range to enable the best placement of this device to detect motion ?

or is there any way else to do it?

Thanx

Sure you can map it but that won't help. It's been my experience that these sensors put out a very minute voltage. The sensitivity (signal to noise) is pretty good. The trick is to amplify the hell out of the output. Make sure it is well buffered with some high impedance current amplifiers. You are better off to buy the ICs they have specifically designed for them. They are extremely high gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back