Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pir sensor and micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ommsend

hi everybody

I'm new to microcontrollers.

i want to interface PIR sensor with micro AVR or PIC.

my question is that how the program can be written for the purpose of displaying INTENSITY of sensor's detection by a number (0-255 or ...)?

which micro is suitable for this project?

thanks

excuse me becuase of my languge!

Most PIR sensors I've worked with only have a hi/lo output (low when triggered). If you have one that gives an analog output, you'll have to identify it for us to help you.
You could, however, change the display for how long it's staying activated.

... and...
you can use either a PIC or an AVR, depends on your preference. Each have a variety of micros that you can chose from. Before we can help you pick a micro, you'll have to give us more about your sensor and how you intend to use it.

there are more than one pir sensors around. can you post a picture or link?
... and...
you can use either a PIC or an AVR, depends on your preference. Each have a variety of micros that you can chose from. Before we can help you pick a micro, you'll have to give us more about your sensor and how you intend to use it.

thanks a lot- this is the sensor:
https://roboeq.ir/files/id/657/name/0404011.pdf
i understood that the output is logic, but now how the program could be for this purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back