Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pioneer AV Remote Control Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

craftsvision

Hi

I have this remote control Pioneer xxd3043 and it fell from approx 2 feet and from that time almost half of the buttons have stopped working. Buttons that dont work arent lighting up the LED at the top of the remote where as those that are working does lit up the red LED.

I have opened the unit, cleaned everything (it was new/shinny from inside) no dust no carbon, did IR test with camera too and everything seems ok. Nothing seems to be broken on the board as well.

Now one thing that confirms the problem that if I holds up a button that is working will lit up the LED and while holding it if I presses some other button that is not working will still turn off the LED confirms that the connection of the buttons that are not working is still trough and this also means there is no cleaning issue with the board or the circuit, definitely something else is wrong.

I have also tried to see if there is a losing of any solder but cant find any.

Im I.T person and I have got everything at my home for repairing like solder, meter and so on... so if any of the expert can suggest to replace something then I can do it.

Please help, I wish to repair it instead of buying a new one.

I don't know the remote, however my best guess is that either there is a hairline crack through a track, or possibly a carbon/silver printed bridge over a track, or if the remote is multifunction, perhaps the switch has moved slightly and put it into another mode? I have had a plated through hole/via detach on a double sided board before as well. The first two are the most likely though...careful measurement with your meter will prove one way or other...

rgds

I have checked the board thoroughly and yet couldnt find any crack or carbon/silver joint between the track but still there might be any that I couldnt detect.

Two things new I have discovered after trying to operate the remote directly from the board is that those keys that are not working actually works SOMETIMES if I touch them with the keypad but in specific directly. Like for example Volume + is not working and volume - is working and after placing the keypad over the board if I press + in normal way then it wont work but if I press it from corner and very very lightly like it will touch/get off again and again it works.

2nd thing is the remote gets completely hang and then I have to remove the batteries and discharge the a capacitor. There are two capacitors one is 6.5v 100uf which is along the batteries and other is just beside the main IC which is 6.5v 75uf and I have to discharge this one by shortening both legs of it with eachother to get it in working again.

Im also attaching the pictures of the board here.

Thanks and further help would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• P1010200.JPG
    P1010200.JPG
    891.2 KB · Views: 296
  • P1010206.JPG
    P1010206.JPG
    916.2 KB · Views: 259
Touch up the solder joints around the battery connections and touch them up around D3 (about 4 or 5 connections).

Ignore the keypad for now and use some crumbled up aluminum foil, resistor or wire, to activate the buttons.

IT WORKED......

I refreshed the solders and I think it was the solder of the capacitor or JP3.

Thanks alot.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back