Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pioneer A400 no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

gusmacneil

Hi I did a google and it led me here!
My old Pioneer A400 amp has been in my dads garage for 10 yrs. Got it out today and there is no sound. After I power on I hear a relay click and you can feel a vibration as the amp powers but no sound comes out. I oiled the switches but no joy. Should I..

Buy something new
or
is there something very simple I should try first
( I can use a soldering iron but that's about it)

Seems such a shame

Any advice appreciated

As far as checking simple things, open it up and clean it out well, check for obviously broken or blown up things, if you don't see anything obvious close it back up and turn it on. If it doesn't work, recycle it and replace it.

The clicking are relays that connect the power output to the speakers. The unit has current limiting to cut in and open the relays if there is a short or overload on the output. If they keep clicking, there is probably something wrong in the output stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back