Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pins on a DC power jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

dak246

How do i connect the pins on a DC power jack? Im upgrading from using a battery, and the power jack i have has 3 pins on it. The power supply im plugging into it has a positive center and negative outside. On the jack, the inside appears to have a pin, but the outside appears to be connected to 2 pins. Do i just leave one of these pins floating, or connect both to a single gnd line. Thanks.

The 3-pin jack switches off the battery when you plugin the adapter so the battery doesn't get overcharged and blows-up!
One of the two pins goes to the battery and the other pin goes to the circuit. If you get them backwards, the adapter gets connected to the battery instead of to the circuit.

audioguru said:
The 3-pin jack switches off the battery when you plugin the adapter so the battery doesn't get overcharged and blows-up!
One of the two pins goes to the battery and the other pin goes to the circuit. If you get them backwards, the adapter gets connected to the battery instead of to the circuit.
that kind of jack..lol,,
i just couldent picture what he was talking about..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back