Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

piezo sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFERNANDEZ

Guys,

I would like to build a circuit with a piezo sensor the when vibrated it will turn ON a load of 1 amp or so.
I am experimenting at this time with 2 different piezo elements so I do not think the amplitude is important. I know that the elements on a scope generate voltages ranging from 10mV to 100mV at least. When this voltage is being generated I want to switch up to 1 amp 12VDC @ 1 amp 120VAC (2 diferent circuits).
I have looked for simple circuits to do this but can not find any.
Can you help me out

Thanks

use an op amp to buffer and amplify the signal as needed.
then feed that into a peak detector (as simple as a diode, capacitor, and resistor - also called an envelope detector)
then feed that into a comparator, and adjust the voltage threshold so it triggers with the desired amount of vibration.
then use a transistor on the output of the comparator to switch a relay on and off, which will switch your big load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back