Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pierce oscillator with CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

etl

Hello
I will implement a oscillator for a wireless medical application. The frequency will be around 8-9MHz, and the signals should be as close to sine as possilble.
I have never designed a oscillator before, so I am quite a newbie. After looking around a little, I found out that I could implement a crystal together with a CMOS inverter in what is called a Pierce-oscillator, instead of building the oscillator with discrete components. This would save me a lot of time and testing.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments to this and suggestions for parts to use, I would be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back