Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pierce Oscillato r Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulot

Hi,
i'm trying to design a pierce oscillator to generate a 3.5MHz clock but the oscillator isn't oscillating
I'm using SN74LS04N, 1MOhm for R1 and 22pf capacitors and the oscillator but it doesn't oscillate.

I'm not sure what the problem is, the NOT gate is powered, and i've tested the inputs to see if they work, and they do, changed the oscillators, but no difference.

Attachments

• Pierce_oscillator.svg.png
    Pierce_oscillator.svg.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 212
It is really simple; the 1 to 10meg biasing resistor only works for a CMOS inverter

Last edited:
As Mike noted a 74LS device will not work in your circuit. I know it goes against the grain but look at the data sheet input current requirements for device.

thanks, i didn't take not of that, i found the HD74HCU04A, i believe this should work i'm i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back