Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Picture in Picture IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh00

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for a simple picture in picture chip for composite video. I only need to be able to move the picture in picture box around the screen in about 10 different locations for standard PAL/NTSC composite signals.

Thanks

I doubt you're going to find any simple solution, it's a very complicated thing to do - presumably you could use a PIP 'chip' out of a TV that does PIP, but you're going to have to provide all the support components, and write the software to control it all.

There seem to be chips out there to do it, but lots of them seem large -designed to do four channels of video processing. I have no problem with building a board with support components, and there can be some sort of PIC to control it if needed... I just need something to process the video.

There seem to be chips out there to do it, but lots of them seem large -designed to do four channels of video processing. I have no problem with building a board with support components, and there can be some sort of PIC to control it if needed... I just need something to process the video.

They are large chips, and usually you need a number of different ones, plus all the software to control them. The chips on their own will do nothing, unless you control them correctly.

Like I said, it's a VERY complicated thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back