Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICtris (Tetris on a PIC Microcontroller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramo

**broken link removed**

Someone recently asked me how to manipulate LEDs to display basic 2D graphics. I'm more of a practical type problem solver and had not ventured into the world of graphics manipulation. I was interested to find out more, and kicked off with a simple LED Tetris game.

Tetris on the PIC Microcontroller seemed simple enough to begin with, but it didn't take long for the first few teething issues to arrise (such as rotating 2D graphics and collision detection). I managed to resolve each issue, and had the program working solution in a couple of days.

Here's a video of the completed project: YouTube - PICtris (Tetris on a PIC).wmv

And the project page itself (source code/schematic etc): Tetris on a PIC Microcontroller

I've added a few features since:

> Count the number of lines you achieve
> Displays the score when game ends & saves the it if you beat the last one. After-all, what's a game without high scores?
> Auto power off after 10 seconds of idle (great battery saver)
> Splash screen that says "Tetris". Because every game needs one!

Thanks a lot for this...I want to build a 'giant" version of this to demo the flexibility of MCU's

Can u suggest a suitable way to make a version say 4' hi by 2' wide? Types of LED's or lamps and drivers?

I'd be happy to share the result via your site afterwards.

You know, in that size it would make one really cool coffee table...

If the official tetris size 8x16 pixels? It would be pretty easy to make a glass coffee table divided into those squares and put LEDs in. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back