Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICSTART Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAN-1

Hello everyone. I am working with my PICSTART Plus programmer from Microchip and everything is going fine with it. I compile my programs under MPLAB and HITECH C language. I was just wondering if there is a way I could compile a project under a different language and get the HEX file and use the PICSTART Plus to burn it unto the PIC independent of MPLAB.

Thanks a lot.
Nichola V. Abdo

hi yan,

I use MPLAB with PICStartt+.

To program a PIC with a HEX file compiled on another compiler, use the 'import' option on the MPLAB menu.
To check the HEX file is there, use the 'view/prog memory' option in MPLAB.
Then use the MPLAB programmer as normal.

Use the 'config' option in MPLAB to setup the Config, this part is IMPORTANT, else it will use defaults or the last settings.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back