Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

picstart plus as an in circuit programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmadsci

Is ther a simple way i can wire a jumper to use my picstart as an in circuit
programmer?

If not what is the easiest circuit i can build to get started with in circuit programing? Id like to continue using mplab.

I currently use the 16f684, but i am considering switching to the 16f628

I used the ff. adapter to program a surface mounted PIC from a PICStart Plus programmer. This requires the PIC to be powered from the board.

Make sure the MCLR line is not loaded too much because the PICStart drives this to about 12V.

Although I haven't encountered one, some PICs require certain pins (RB3, RB4 or RB5) to be grounded to prevent them from going into low voltage programming mode.

Attachments

• icsp_829.gif
    icsp_829.gif
    3 KB · Views: 506
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back