Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit2 clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kp2010

hii i built pickit2 clone with help of this link**broken link removed**

its really working well... others can try this too

Handy if all you want is a PIC programmer, but what if you want to use it as a logic analyser or want to plug it into a pre-existing project board?
I would save up your pennies, cos that's all a real clone of the PICKit2 costs...with the official one from Microchip not far behind it.

rgds

Hi,

just one question will the HEX of this clone will fit on PIC18F2455 instead??

Thanks for confirming...:D

BTW:

Where is the HEX file for this project?

Last edited:
Hi ! kp2010
i am also building this Palma circuit but first we need to put the hex file into the 18F2550
So i made the Art2003 programmer to do it
But in WinPic800 it is giving error when programming it, hardware test is OK but PIC is not detected, says "Unknown"
Can you please let me know how to solve this problem?
How did you program the 18F2550?
Thanks!

here's my PICKIT2 Clone...:D

19052011111.jpg

19052011112.jpg

20052011145.jpg

the ART2xxx programmer cant do a proper job. instead better to make a DL4YHF programmer.

Why not try the JDM? or the Olimex version of JDM...

what i suggested is JDM and luckily has a feature of Vpp first, as 5V is derived from 12V. it is simple to make and can even be bread boarded for a while to meet our need of pre programming the 18F2550.

Last edited:
I concur...

BTW here's another Cloned PICKIT2

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• PicKit.jpg
    PicKit.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 5,736
Last edited:
thanks 3v0. I do agree. But as the OP wanted JDM, I said, it works as JDM and with most software.
winpic800 , that the op tried, works with DL4YHF.

@sanjubluerock3,
It was DL4YHF design, and we only made the artwork for that. It would be unfair to claim it as my design, please.

Last edited:
My 18F2550 was programmed with PICPgm using JDM hardware with no problem at all...

@kasamiko
thanks, i have successfully loaded the hex file into the PIC18F2550 by using my JDM hardware and Picpgm software.
Later made the pickit2 clone of Palma which has the zif socket right on the pcb and works great !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back