Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit2 clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kp2010

hii i got this pickit2 schematic from some link am planning to build this i just wanted to make sure whether the circuit will work or not? can anybody please check this circuit...

Attachments

• mPICKIT_SCH.pdf
    21.8 KB · Views: 359
hii i got this pickit2 schematic from some link am planning to build this i just wanted to make sure whether the circuit will work or not? can anybody please check this circuit...

I always found it rather humorous--A PICkit programmer clone that requires an already-programmed chip in the circuit... :D:D:D

Genie Design Studio has produced a PIC programmer that does not need a pre-programamed chip. But it only works with their development board.

Can't see the values in your schematic Bert. Don't see any inductor either?

Do you mean these values and this inductor?

MY_CLONE.JPG

PICkit2 is better than the clone. The clone does not always program a PIC16F628A. The voltages on a PICkit turn off. The clone does not.

The easiest PIC that I was found that is easiest to program is PIC16F628A.It can program from any programmer.

It does not matter if you find the PIC16F628A will program from any programmer. I am telling you that I program hundreds of NEW chips and the clone simply refuses to program some new chips.

my friend said clone can read and write all the 5v pics...which original one does...if there is any original pickit2 schematic and pcb layout please share here.. i want to build myself .....

If you want to build a full pickit2 clone you may as well buy one. The one I posted you can find all the parts most any where. And I know for a fact it works better then most I built over a 100 programmers. Testing for the best one.

Last edited:
It works fine with any from 480h to 680h. I did forget that but the rest are there. I posted inductor size where the sch is posted.

hi Burt,
I dont think your PCB is big enough for a 480H choke....:)

It's uH I forgot the u the ones I use are about a 1/8 long smt parts.

But your right ericgibbs it would be big lol

Last edited:
It's uH I forgot the u the ones I use are about a 1/8 long smt parts.

But your right ericgibbs it would be big lol

and the switching period would be around a week ;)

I have both a PICKit2 and a clone from Sure Electronics. I have inspected both and see little if any difference between them other than the screen printing. The clone works trouble free unlike the PICkit2 which works when it feels like it :)
I think it needs the firmware reloaded.

rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back