Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit2 as a usb - serial converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to get a Pl2303 usb/serial cable to work reliably, but its dropping data @ 9600baud (8n1). I want to compare it to a known reliable solution to determine if the problem is with the PL2303 reliability. I have the HX/HXA prolific chipset.

I have the chip .I can build a board in an hour or so and...I'd need a driver on the xp side as well. Got a source for those drivers?

The PICkit 2 GUI has the UART emulator and logic tool/analyzer. But a quick search of Microchip's website doesn't show a trace of it. They have been trying to kill off the PICkit 2 for a number of years but the PICkit 3 doesn't have the great additional tools.

We should make a sticky with the PK2 LA and serial tool code.

They also sold a version of the PK2, I think it was white, with code to generate stimulus and maybe debug I2C and maybe others. We should collect that and put it there tool

The white one is the PICkit Serial Analyzer (PKSA) which does as you say.... I2C, SPI, USART, LIN, Microwire.

I have a few various Microchip product installs saved for myself and can provide them for a sticky if required?

I also have a few MPLAB 8 installs, going back to v8.00, but on my current very slow connection, uploading may be a problem.

Here is the source code for all Pickit2 versions
**broken link removed**

BTW ..the UART tool works fine as a TTL rs232 device over usb. Xmitted data @ 9600 baud from a PIC USART. Logged to txt file , imported to Excel CSV. No probs.!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back