Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pickit 2 with 16f628a debug problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhaniko93

I have pickit 2 and I program 16f628a with it well but when I tried debugging, it says:
"Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.32.0
PICkit 2 Unit ID = OlHoss
Target power not detected - Powering from PICkit 2 ( 5.00V)
PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID: Please verify that a PIC16F628A is correctly installed in the application. (Expected ID = 0x1120, ID Read = 0x1060)
PICkit 2 Ready"

And when I try to debugm it says:
"PKWarn0006: The local copy of program memory has been changed since the last program operation. Should PICkit 2 program the target (fix) before proceeding?
Programming Target (7/17/2011 11:59:10 AM)
PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID: Please verify that a PIC16F628A is correctly installed in the application. (Expected ID = 0x1120, ID Read = 0x1060)
Erasing Target
Programming Program Memory (0x0 - 0x9)
Verifying Program Memory (0x0 - 0x9)
Running Target
PK2Error0027: Failed verify (Address = 0x0 - Expected Value 0x3007 - Value Read 0x2007)
PICkit 2 Ready
"
And alert: "PK2Error0028: Unable to enter debug mode"

I connect pickit 2 directly to breadboard, and on breadboard is nothing else 16f628.
After searching a bit, I found that for debugging:
PIC16F627A*, 628A*, 648A*
- Use AC162053 ICD header & AC164110 adapter.

Do I need it in addition? ca anyone give circuit to build it's clone or something like that?

Actually I have junebug, and can I debug 16f628a without any additional things or not?

Hi,

If you go into MPlab , Configure and Select Device it tell you straight away if the chip you select will run on the Pickit2 in Debugging mode and if any header are needed - see the box at the bottom right hand side.

For the 628 /A you do need a header.

Basically they are a Pic chip capable of running debugger directly, it then controls your target chip.

Its probably much easier and cheaper to use a chip with Debugger built in.

Have a look at the 16F88 which is, I believe pin compatible with the 628 but with more memory and features.

OK I understood, everything is clear now, thanks

You can debug the chip on the junebug. If you want or get a 16f88 like they said

Do you like the junebug ?

Last edited:
I was just saying if he wanted to debug a chip use the one on the junebug it's debugable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back